Full-time (38.5 hours/week), at Pro2Future GmbH in Graz, starting as soon as possible.
The goal of this project is to increase the resource efficiency (especially the resource energy) of producing companies, thus reducing resource consumption / energy consumption / CO2-footprint. Starting with the development and implementation of suitable measuring instruments and cognitive evaluation & control units, selected examples (plants, production lines and production sites) will be used to demonstrate how an increase in resource efficiency and thus added value can be created through cognitive energy management systems. The main scientific partners in this project are the Graz University of Technology and the Johannes Kepler University Linz.
The successful candidate has completed a relevant academic curriculum and enjoys scientific work. She/He also likes to collaborate within project frames, both in terms of content and organization, and always strives to continuously optimize the own performance. Through entrepreneurial thinking, she/he always knows about the added value of this project and creates the basis for future project acquisition.
The successful candidate will work within an interdisciplinary project team consisting of experts including the scientific partners. The candidate plays a major role in shaping and executing the projects’ research agenda. The research work will also involve collaboration and knowledge exchange with Pro²Future partners beyond the project frame, with several allied national and international research groups as well as participating in the international research community.
- A university-level degree in computer science, information systems, mechatronics, telematics, electronics or related studies.
- As the position involves the co-development of a data analytics based prototype for process improvement in industrial settings, excellent qualifications in software engineering (conception, system design, …), software development (C++, C#, Java, Python), and working with industrial data is desired.
- Prior experiences in the fields sensor systems and machine learning are desirable.
- Fluent English, written and spoken. German is appreciated or the willingness to learn German is expected.
- The opportunity to align the research for your Ph.D. studies to a 3-years research project, starting in spring 2019, in close collaboration with Graz University of Technology.
- The opportunity to work in a young, dynamic, creative and collaborative team with strong ethos of mentorship and professional development as well as focused publication agenda.
- We will provide the successful candidate with a collegial and supportive environment to establish herself/himself and her/his career, i.e. particularly the Ph.D. studies.
- Full-time gross salary for this position is 2,819 Euro per month (14 times a year).
Pro2Future GmbH is an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer. We particularly welcome applications from women and international candidates.
To apply for this position, please send your application (including CV, supporting documents, letter of motivation), topic: “StratP 4.2.3: Cognitive Energy Management Systems for Industrial Production” via email to: