Full-time (38,5 hours/week), at Pro2Future GmbH in Graz (Campus Inffeld at Graz University of Technology)
Designing and evaluating a predictive maintenance system for industrial applications. Together with an internationally renowned company from the automotive industry located in Graz, we investigate how cognitive decision support can be applied to analyze large amounts of industrial data. In this regard, prediction models based on analytical methods as well as visual analytics approaches are to be researched, developed and applied.
The successful candidate will be engaged in computational data analysis and data-driven projects. To this end, one or more of the following skills are required: knowledge about information systems, data technologies, visual analytics, mathematical and statistical methods for data analysis. Experience in the field of artificial intelligence as well as software development (i.e. JAVA, JAVA Script) are also of advantage. The successful candidate seeks an ambitious activity in industry-driven research and is particularly willing to obtain a PhD under supervision of the scientific partners of this project at TU Graz.
The successful candidate will work within an interdisciplinary project team consisting of experts including the industrial partners, project management and scientific partners of Graz University of Technology. The candidate plays a major role in shaping and executing the projects’ research agenda. Project work will also involve collaboration and knowledge exchange with the Pro2Future partners, several allied international research groups as well as participating in the international research community.
- A university-level degree in computer science, information systems, information science, mechatronics, telematics, mathematics, or related studies.
- Fluent English, written and spoken. German is appreciated or the willingness to learn German is expected.
- The opportunity to align the research for your Ph.D. studies to a 3-years research project, starting in Spring 2018.
- The opportunity to work in a young, dynamic, creative and collaborative team with strong ethos of mentorship and professional development as well as focused publication agenda.
- We will provide the successful candidate with a collegial and supportive environment to establish themselves and their careers, i.e. particularly the Ph.D. studies.
- Full-time gross salary for this position is 2,750 Euro per month (14 times a year).
Pro2Future GmbH is an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer. We particularly welcome applications from women and international candidates.
To apply for this position, please send your application (including CV, supporting documents, letter of motivation) via email to: