Full‐time (38.5 hours/week), at Pro2Future GmbH in Graz (Campus Inffeld at Graz University of Technology)
for a joint project with AMAG rolling GmbH.
Designing and evaluating of methods and tools for data analytics and visualization in an industrial production
setting. Together with AMAG Austria Metall AG we investigate how visual analytics approaches can be used
to design cognitive decision support in the context of quality improvement in the production process.
The successful candidate will be engaged in visual analytics, computational data analysis and data‐driven
decision support. To this end, knowledge about information systems, data technologies, visual analytics,
mathematics and statistics is required. Experience in the field of artificial intelligence as well as about
software development are also of advantage. The successful candidate seeks an ambitious activity in
industry‐driven research and is particularly willing to obtain a Ph.D.
The successful candidate will work within an interdisciplinary project team consisting of experts from
Pro2Future, AMAG and Graz University of Technology. The candidate plays a major role in shaping and
executing the projects’ research agenda. Project work will also involve collaboration on site and knowledge
exchange with allied international research groups. Furthermore, participating in the international research
community and publishing and presenting research results is expected.
- A university‐level degree in computer science, information systems, information science,
- mechatronics, telematics, mathematics, or similar studies
- Knowledge of programming (Java, Python, …)
- Interested in data analytics and in visual analytics
- Fluent English, written and spoken. German skills are utile. Willingness to learn German.
- The opportunity to align the research for your Ph.D. studies to a 3‐years research project, starting in
- first quarter of 2018.
- The opportunity to work in a young, dynamic, creative and collaborative team with strong ethos of
- mentorship and professional development as well as a publication agenda.
- We will provide a collegial and supportive environment to establish a career, i.e. particularly the
- D. studies and the option of an industrial follow‐up career at AMAG.
- Full‐time gross salary for this position is 2,750 Euro per month (14 times a year).
Pro2Future GmbH is an equal opportunity and family‐friendly employer. We particularly welcome
applications from women and international candidates. In case of equal qualification, female applicants will
be hired preferentially.
To apply for this position, please send your application (including CV, supporting documents, letter of
motivation) via email to: email@example.com